This tour combines a visit to the amazing ruins of the Mayan city of Cobá with an adventure filled excursion to Punta Laguna, a Mayan community in an area of lagoons, cenotes and natural areas of great beauty. Enjoy your day at your own pace in this private tour filled with fun adventures exploring the Mayan culture.
After picking you up from your hotel’s lobby, we will drive to the archaeological site of Cobá, one of the most important cities for the Mayans. Accompanied by a certified guide, you will walk through Cobá’s temples and trails, and climb the tallest pyramid in the Yucatan Peninsula, the great pyramid Nohoch Muul, where you will have a unique sight of the jungle and lakes that surround Cobá.
The visit to the archaeological site includes a guided visit as well as time on your own to explore freely and take pictures.
After Cobá we will take you to Punta Laguna, a Mayan community located 18 km from Cobá and recently converted into a protected natural area named Maax Otoch Yetel Kooh (Spider Monkey and Puma). This reserve is the perfect place for nature lovers that want to experience the local ecosystems and Mayan culture with utmost respect and harmony.
The representative wildlife of Punta Laguna is the spider monkey, of which there are between 400 and 800 in the reserve. There is also a small population of howler monkeys; both species can be found during your trek by the lagoon.
Other species present in the reserve include pumas, white tail deer, coati, and duck.
- Purification Ceremony: Before going into the jungle, you will take part in this ceremony officiated by the founders of the community.
- Bicycles: A bike tour led by a guide experienced in local fauna and wildlife.
- Canoe ride in the lagoon: The lagoon is approximately 90 hectares.
- Zip Lines: Dare to fly across this 240 meter long zip line above the lagoon.
- Rappel in a cenote : Descend into a cenote where you will be captivated by its beauty and magic and bathe in its cool waters.
As part of this tour you will enjoy lunch at a Buffet of traditional food from Yucatan.