Be amazed by Coba, one of the most important Mayan Ruins in Mexico and enjoy the beautiful community of Punta Laguna. Have an unforgettable day at your own rhythm in this Private Tour where you will visit these wonderful places and enjoy adventure activities throughout the day.
Punta Laguna a community founded in the 50s and recently converted into a protected natural area with the name "Maax Otoch Yetel Kooh" (Spider Monkey and Puma House).
Be dazzled by the buildings of Coba which has the tallest Mayan pyramid in the Yucatan Peninsula "Nohoch Muul". Walk the paths between nature and discover the grandeur of this archaeological Maya.
It is located in the northeast of the Yucatan Peninsula, 18 km north of the archaeological site of Coba. The reserve is the perfect place for nature lovers who want to enjoy local ecosystems and the Mayan culture with total respect and harmony.
The representative fauna of Punta Laguna is the Spider Monkey, which has approximately 400 to 800 specimens of this charismatic mammal. There is also a small amount of Howler Monkeys, and both species can be admired during a walk by the lagoon.
Other species typical of the reserve are the puma, white-tailed deer, coati, ducks, among others.
Near the lagoon there is a small archaeological site consisting of 36 structures even under the dense vegetation that was built during the late Preclassic (300 BC - 250 AD)
In the cenote "The Calaveras" are deposited at least 120 skeletons from the Late Preclassic and Early Classic (200-400 AD).
- Purification Ceremony: Before entering the jungle, you will participate in the ceremony held by the founders of the Community.
- Bicycles: Tour guided by a naturalist guide with experience in local wildlife, along the way the many different types of orchids, birds and monkeys.
- Canoeing on the lagoon: the lagoon is approximately 90 acres and has a depth ranging from 10 to 30 meters.
- Zip-line: Dare to fly on the 240 meters zip line over the lagoon.
- Rappel in cenote: Descends into a cenote and enjoy its beauty, mysticism and its refreshing waters.
Walk the main temples and the ball game court in this great Mayan city while admiring the jungle trails that lead to the various buildings and the great pyramid Nohoch Muul where you can enjoy a unique view of the forest and the lakes of Coba.
The visit to the archaeological site of Coba includes a guided tour and free time to explore and take pictures of the site (Duration 2 hours). Coba has the bicycle rental service and tricycles for the visit (optional).