Chichen Itza & Cenote Private
Visiting the ruins of the Mayan city of Chichen Itza and discovering why it was named World Heritage by UNESCO is something that you can’t miss during your vacations in Cancun. The best way to this is on your own terms and schedule, with no itinerary to adhere to; this is why this private tour is an excellent option. Besides taking you to the ruins, we will also take you to visit a spectacular cenote and the colonial city of Valladolid.
The tour begins when we pick you up at your hotel’s lobby at a time of your choosing. On board a luxury SUV you will be accompanied by a bilingual certified guide throughout your tour, who in the two-hour car ride to Chichen Itza can tell you about the Mayan culture and the places you will be visiting.
Once you arrive to the site you will be taken to see the most important buildings, and you will learn about their importance for the Mayan society, and experience firsthand their advanced knowledge of mathematics, architecture, and astronomy. After the guided visit you will have time to roam the site on your own to take pictures, buying local crafts, or continue to explore the area.
After experiencing Chichen Itza, we will drive you to a nearby cenote where you will be able to swim in its cool waters and immerse yourself in the pristine, natural beauty that surrounds it. There is more than one option for which cenote to visit, you can choose between: Ik Kil, Selva Maya, or Xcajum. Once you’re out of the water you will be treated to a traditional meal of Yucatan’s cuisine. On the way back to your hotel we will stop in the colonial city of Valladolid, a picturesque, peaceful city that will captivate you. We will take you to the main square where you can see the city’s main and oldest buildings, and experience the quaint life of this unique city
- Private transportation for your group
- Suburban SUV’s up to 5 passengers or Mercedes Sprinter for larger groups.
- Guide tour at the archaeological site with expert bilingual guide
- Visit to a Cenote, to choose from Ik Kil, Selva Maya or Xcajum
- Quick visit to Valladolid City Buffet lunch
- On board cooler with beers, sodas and bottled water
- Gratuities for guide and driver
- Due to the warm and humid temperature of the region, we recommend to use light and comfortable clothes, hat and sun block lotion Camera
- Good Walking Shoes
- Bring a swimsuit and towel
- Cash for beverages and souvenirs
- Chichen itza is located 120 miles (193 km) from Cancun, therefore we recommend starting the tour early.
- Approximate tour time: 10 hours