Chichen Itza & Cenote Private
When visiting Cancun, it’s essential to explore the ruins of the Mayan city of Chichen Itza and discover why it was designated as a World Heritage site by UNESCO. To ensure you have the flexibility to tour at your own pace and on your schedule, this private tour is an excellent option. Along with a visit to the ruins, you will also explore a stunning cenote and the colonial city of Valladolid.
The tour begins when we pick you up at your hotel lobby at a time of your choosing. You will travel in style on a luxury SUV with a bilingual certified guide accompanying you throughout your two-hour car ride to Chichen Itza. During this time, you will learn about the Mayan culture and the places you will visit.
Once you arrive at the site, your guide will take you to see the most significant buildings and share their importance to Mayan society, allowing you to experience firsthand their advanced knowledge of mathematics, architecture, and astronomy. After the guided tour, you will have free time to explore the site on your own, take pictures, buy local crafts, or continue exploring.
After experiencing Chichen Itza, we will drive you to a nearby cenote, where you can cool off by swimming in its refreshing waters and immerse yourself in the natural beauty that surrounds it. You can choose from three options: Ik Kil, Selva Maya, or Xcajum. Once you’re out of the water, you will be treated to a traditional Yucatan cuisine meal. On the way back to your hotel, we will stop in the colonial city of Valladolid, a charming and tranquil city that will enchant you. You will visit the main square, see the city’s oldest buildings, and experience the unique life of this picturesque city.
- Private transportation for your group
- Suburban SUV’s up to 5 passengers or Mercedes Sprinter for larger groups.
- Guide tour at the archaeological site with expert bilingual guide
- Visit to a Cenote, to choose from Ik Kil, Selva Maya or Xcajum
- Quick visit to Valladolid City Buffet lunch
- On board cooler with beers, sodas and bottled water
- Gratuities for guide and driver
- Due to the warm and humid temperature of the region, we recommend to use light and comfortable clothes, hat and sun block lotion Camera
- Good Walking Shoes
- Bring a swimsuit and towel
- Cash for beverages and souvenirs
- Chichen itza is located 120 miles (193 km) from Cancun, therefore we recommend starting the tour early.
- Approximate tour time: 10 hours