Las Coloradas and Rio Lagartos
This unique tour takes you to explore the beautiful landscapes of Yucatan. We will take you to Las Coloradas, a set of pink lagoons located in Rio Lagartos.
In this excursion you will enjoy a boat ride through the mangrove area, nest of a variety of birds and marine species, including the popular pink flamingo who have made of this site the perfect place to nest and give birth to their young.
Explore one of the beautiful landscapes at the Biosphere Reserve of Rio Lagartos, where you will enjoy a boat ride through the mangrove area, nest of a variety of birds and marine species and of course the beloved pink flamingos.
Discover the spectacular pink color cause the high concentration of salt and microorganisms in Las Coloradas, a small fishing village within the biosphere of Lagartos River characterized by having the largest salt mine in Mexico.
Hacienda Selva Maya
Enjoy a delicious buffet with Yucatan dishes next to the amazing Cenote Saamal in Valladolid.
- Private transportation for your group
- Suburban SUV’s up to 5 passengers or Mercedes Sprinter for larger groups.
- Guided tour with a certified bilingual guide
- Boat ride at Rio Lagartos Biosphere
- Lunch at Hacienda Selva Maya restaurant (buffet style)
- On board cooler with beers, sodas and bottled water
- Gratuities for guide and driver
- Due to the warm and humid temperature of the region, we recommend to use light and comfortable clothes, hat and sunscreen
- Good walking shoes
- Extra cash for souvenirs
- Chichen itza is located 120 miles (193 km) from Cancun, therefore we recommend starting the tour early.
- Approximate tour time: 10 hours